Thirteen years have passed since I first saw your face. Over the past year you have been so helpful; making breakfast for all of your younger siblings each morning, surprising everyone with home made cookies, or watching/playing with your siblings and neighbor kids outside.
THE THINGS I NEVER WANNA FORGET ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW ARE…
- your thoughtfulness
- how you repeat things three times… all the time
- your high-pitched laugh… seriously… it’s incredible
- your thirst to know “why”
- how you STILL need to be in control (holding the tv remote, using the 1st controller when playing video games, etc…)
- how you’re always changing the tv setting to “dynamic”…
- how much you’ve grown over the past year… and that you’re taller than me now
- how proud you are of your mustache
- how much you like video games… like ridiculously
- you new found love of coding
I can’t believe I have another child who has crossed the line into “teenager-dom”. Where has the time gone? It seems only a few years since I was smiling at my little “Buddha Baby”. I hope your year as a teenager be full of opportunities to grow as you become more of the man you were created to be. You have such a kind heart… never forget that love IS always what makes all the difference and I know your impact will be great.
You are a world changer, Jediah Daniel. I believe in you more than you’ll ever know and love you more than I could ever express. Thank you for all the joy you’ve given me. May your thirst for knowledge pale in comparison to what you gain in wisdom as you lead people to greatness. Happy birthday, my sixth child.
Click the link to read why I write love letters to my family.