Eleven years have passed since I first saw your face. Over the past year I have watched you become more confident in who you truly are. I couldn’t be more happy about that because you are such an amazing individual and I’ve loved seeing you begin to focus more on being yourself and less on what others think you should be.
THE THINGS I NEVER WANNA FORGET ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW ARE…
- your love of drawing… anything and everything (you bought an art set today with birthday money to learn how to paint)
- how you make friends so easily, and love to play outside
- how flexible (literally) that you are… splits, cartwheels, round-offs, whatever…
- your sarcasm and sense of humor
- your sensitivity
- your creativity (you still like to build things with legos using your imagination and not directions)
- your dance moves and how you watch YouTube videos to get them “just right”
- how helpful and great you are at organizing
- your giggle… it makes me smile (and almost impossible for me to get upset)
- how you cuddle Zofia and are excited about adopting to have more babies in the house
May your year of eleven be filled with laughter, adventure, and confidence as God reveals Himself to you more and more. Always remember to stay true to who you are… who you were created to be because YOU are more than enough! May your kindness and sensitivity impact the world in life-changing ways!
You are a world changer, Judah Michael. I believe in you more than you’ll ever know and love you more than I could ever express. Thank you for all the joy you’ve given me. May your sense of humor bring laughter to those you meet, and your sensitivity keep you humble and generous always. Happy birthday, my seventh child.
Click the link to read why I write love letters to my family.